Monday, July 14, 2008

I found Jesus - he was behind the sofa all the time.

Searching for a job is a daunting experience. There are always things to distract you from your task. Like blogging. :)

At the risk of sounding like a housewife, I got an unbelievable level of joy from vacuuming and steam-cleaning my carpet yesterday. WTF? Brett and I were one finely-oiled machine...moving furniture, me vacuuming one room while he shampooed the carpet in another... Priceless. The pride I felt while surveying my clean apartment was tantamount to painting a portrait, or finishing an important presentation or...something else like that. I was giddy for hours. Ok that's a lie - I'm giddy now. It's beautiful.

I guess the fact that our old vacuum kicked the bucket a couple of months ago, after a few months of failing health. Our new vacuum, a lovely purple upright with hepa-filter and all, sucked up enough cat hair to form an entirely new cat - albeit a dusty one. (We'll stick with Libby.) We got it at reliable old Target, but not online, and it was cheaper in the store. Yay us!

We then steam-cleaned the HECK out of it.

Voila.

Enough about my clean apartment.


Back to the job hunt.


*sigh*